ORIGIN - Tampere, Finland

FORMED - 2003

CURRENT LINEUP

Jarkko Ahola - Vocals, bas*

Arto Jarvinen - Guitar, vocals

Viljo Rantanen - Guitar

Jari Kuokkanen - Drums

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

The band's song Taivas Lyo Tulta was selected to be the Finnish national ice hockey team's goal song

Terasbetoni translates to English as Reinforced Concrete

DISCOGRAPHY

Terasbetoni demo - 2003

Metallisydan single - 2005

Taivas Lyo Tulta single - 2005

Metallitotuus - 2005

Orjatar single - 2005

Vahva Kuin Metalli single - 2005

Ala Mene Metsaan single - 2006

Vaadimme Metallia - 2006

Viimeinen Tuoppi single - 2006

Missa Miehet Ratsastaa single - 2008

Myrskyntuoja - 2008 *

ruoska 12.08.09 - 05:55am
should've added the Metal Truth to the lyrical themes :D they're pretty cheesy but I still like them. Should get Myrskyntuoja from somewhere *

mielikki 12.08.09 - 06:08am
pmpl.GIF Terasvilla *

ruoska 12.08.09 - 06:34am
oh yeah, Terasvilla Metalliarmeija! Studio Impossible was a pretty good show *

mielikki 12.08.09 - 07:02am
lol.GIF I only saw it once *

ruoska 12.08.09 - 08:19am
Have you seen that Terasvilla episode where they meet Tarja Turunen? *

mielikki 12.08.09 - 09:50am
No, but I got told about it *

aenglisc 27.03.10 - 06:50pm
cheesy?Poor.GIF and i thought they sound rather good, didnt understand a word f obvious reasons, it sounded- ''fun'' f want of a better word, granted only heard one track, but it wasnt off putting *

ruoska 27.03.10 - 10:30pm
Guys wearing leather pants and no shirts singing about the metal truth isn't cheesy to you? They're still good though and I have managed to get Myrskyntuoja by now *

mielikki 28.03.10 - 09:31am
What did you think of it Ruoska? *

ruoska 28.03.10 - 01:00pm
I liked the first two albums better. The first is still the best *

byakko 29.03.10 - 02:17am
I read the genre and I thought to myself...hmmm,wonder if they're cheesy sounding?':D Not necessarily a bad thing though *

darkxn 29.03.10 - 09:32am
Wot r the vocals like...? Cos if its lyk Sonata Arctica's itd b cheese and wine n thats just overkill! xD *

ruoska 29.03.10 - 11:20am
high-pitched vocals with shrieks, not as much for the teenage girls as Tony Kakko's voice though *

aenglisc 29.03.10 - 09:50pm
i dont mind, im not snobbish - bring on the cheese. .i own Darkness and Culture Club cds. secret.GIF *

darkxn 30.03.10 - 06:39am
L dont necessarily mind high pitched bt dat guy from Sonata spoils otherwise-good muic. Iced Earth gt great vocalist. *

mielikki 30.03.10 - 07:23am
I like Sonata Arctica's vocals hehe *

darkxn 30.03.10 - 10:12am
I prefer Dragonforce's vocals.. Altho The vocals on The Suicider by Sonata Arctica rock, lol! *

ruoska 30.03.10 - 10:14am
Do they have a song titled The Suicider? chin.GIF don't think so *

mielikki 30.03.10 - 10:42am
It's a Sentenced cover *

ruoska 30.03.10 - 11:25am
Where have they released it? *

mielikki 30.03.10 - 11:58am
Not sure, I just looked it up *

darkxn 30.03.10 - 12:36pm
Well that explains the drastic change of vocal style, lol! Great tune, tho - will hav 2 check out sum sentenced! *

ruoska 31.03.10 - 12:15pm
Sentenced are my all time favourite *

ruoska 14.06.10 - 06:52am
Terasbetoni have been signed to Sakara Records, the record company by Mokoma. Now they're label mates with them and bands like Diablo, Stam1na and Rytmihairio *

mielikki 14.06.10 - 11:42am
That's a great step for them *

darkxn 5.11.10 - 04:49pm
Ah... Just discoverd that the track, The Suicider, which I'd Downloaded, was wrongly labeled - it is actually the original Sentenced version... *

darkxn 5.11.10 - 04:53pm
Just found this:

Interviews Tersbetoni - October 2010

I understand the 4th alb*m of Tersbetoni is already in the works... Could you update us a bit on where are you now in the process and how it is going so far?
Well, I can tell you this: Its ready! Its recorded, mixed and mastered. I love it. Its the best alb*m weve done so far. It has raw power in it, but yet some kind of exquisite tone as well. And its HEAVY. This is why we call it Heavy Metal, since it should also sound like it. And it does.

How's the sound compared to your previous albums?
Its bigger. The bass sound is more like the live sound I use. It has certain edge on it. We also wanted it to sound a bit more like an 80s album, so there are cool sounds on drums especially.

When do you expect to have it out?
Its coming out in the end of November.

Has the band decided on an alb*m title?
Yes, but well have to wait for our label to release it first.

What kind of expectations do you have after the release?
Hopefully radios will find our great songs and air them as much as possible. I also hope that our old fans will go and buy the record and I know that were going to have new ones as well, since our label has this cool reputation of being a reliable musical referee.

Why are your lyrics only in Finnish?! Is it very unlikely to have English lyrics on your future albums?
Yeah, I hear you, but most of the band thinks we wouldnt be the same if wed do it in English. It would be a huge change, thats for sure.

Aside from the big festivals (Wacken, True As Steel Metal, etc.), you dont do too many gigs outside of Finland. Why is that? You have a lot of listeners outside of Finland waiting!
This is something I really dont know the answer to. If there are lots of fans, the rock club owners etc. dont know about that. Wed love to visit different countries and play our music!

Youve joined the Eurovision contest back in 2008 What made you decide to take part in it?
It was mostly our label that time, Warner Music. They felt it would boost us but I dont know if anything happened. Maybe there was a chance for a bigger success, but no-one really didnt do anything. Its hard to get backup from the labels nowadays. But anyway, it was great fun visiting Serbia and seeing all that crazy ESC-s**t.

It was a pleasant surprise to hear your cover of Rainbow In The Dark by Dio (RIP). Not many can take on his music, just wanted to compliment you on that and will Tersbetoni be doing any more covers?
I have to straighten this out again. Its not a Tersbetoni-cover, its something that we did with V. Rantanen many years back just for fun. Its just a demo track, that many people have found somehow and thought its a Tersbetoni-cover. But Im glad you like it, though I feel I could do it much better now! Hah. Anyway, Rest In Peace Ronnie.

Youve done a lot of things on your own outside of Tersbetoni. Doing the Acoustic gigs, Heavy Christmas tour, Metal Warriors, etc. What is next for you?
I dont know. The Big Band-albums comes out this week, 29th of October. Its a different crossover alb*m full of Hard Rock classics. But I dont know First I want to do a good promo for the new Tersbetoni-alb*m and play some great gigs!

Youve also chosen to parti te in a project called Oulu All Star Big Band. What is it and could you tell us about the collaboration?
Ah, just when I got to the topic! Its a cool project that involves MANY people, since the band is really huge. There are 10 songs of pure jazzdom, but the core is founded on Hard Rock classics. Great songs covered in a totally new way. Its hard to explain you gotta to hear them and keep an open mind.

Of course you are also in Northern Kings... How did Northern Kings come to be and how do you like working with the other guys?
Its kind of a continuum to the Raskasta Joulua-gigs. We had an idea to do something else together and someone had this said we should just do cool covers of the songs we liked. Make it huge and majestic. So, the record label got interested in us and soon we were doing our first album. I dig working with those guys, since theyre all professionals. Its all very easy and smooth. No messing around.

What is new with Northern Kings?
Well, I am not totally sure but theres been a talk about a new album. What kind of alb*m it would be I dont know.

I've heard different things about this, so I want to ask you about your old band, Dreamtale. What was your reason for leaving?
First of all: the time. I didnt have the time for the band as much as they wanted. And second: the music. It just wasnt my cup of tea. I really wanted to like the songs but what can you do? You like what you like, and its not easy to be a singer and give your best to the songs you dont fully dig.

You are a well accomplished singer. How did you develop your voice and what do you do to keep it in good standing?
Oh, well, thank you. I developed my voice during the years when I was singing in local bands in this little city called Viiala. Its not even a city, its a village or a little town. One day I just realized I could sing stuff most of the guys couldnt. I guess I tried real hard when I started. I sounded terrible, believe me. I really dont have any special ways to treat my voice. Sleep is good. Water is good. Steam is good. Warming up is good. But for real, I find sleeping pretty hard I sleep too little. When youre on tour, where do you get hot steam? Warming up s*cks. Hah. Its just that you gotta know your limits and try not to work too much. Youll lose your voice if you over use it.

Who are your biggest influences in music?
Hard to say, really. They seem to change from time to time. Manowar is the big influence from my youth. Black Sabbath, Rainbow, Deep Purple the classic rock came soon to mess my head. I also dig some records super much, for example: ELOs A New World Record, Marvin Gayes Whats Going On?, Glenn Hughes Addiction, Danko Jones Sleep Is The Enemy, just to mention. I think I like many things in music and nowadays Im very open to all kinds of music as long as it touches me.

Youve been in so many bands and you love what you do, obviously. If you werent a musician what do you think your profession would be?
Phew I dont know. Maybe Id work in a studio and mix albums. Pretty hard to say, this is all I can do and this is all that I am.

This space is yours Any words youd like to give the our readers and your devoted fans?
Hi guys, I dont know how many fans there are out there reading this text, but I just wanted you to know that I really appreciate your support and the mail you sent me. Its hard to answer all of them, but please remember that I am grateful for every fan I and my bands will ever achieve. *

ruoska 15.11.10 - 04:17pm
Seeing them live along with FM2000, Rytmihairio, Stam1na and Mokoma this weekend, the last gig of Sakara Tour 2010. Gonna be awesome *

* VisionOrVoid Forum

Search:
topics replies

* VisionOrVoid

Create Your Own App Store

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Create Your Own App Store