Dreadnought - Bass, vocals

Private S Tanner -Drums

FORMER MEMBERS

Panzer Division - Vocals

Corpserat - Bas*

Luger - Drums

Hugo - Drums

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

''Operation Winter Mist has NO political agenda. Operation Winter Mist is a band that's subject matter is focused primarily on real war history and the brave men and women that sacrificed themselves to provide us with our freedoms'' - Private S Tanner

DISCOGRAPHY

Rehearsal demo - 2001

Frontal as*ault demo - 2001

Winter Warfare EP - 2002

Live DVD - 2003

Winter Warfare II compilation - 2004

Imperial Grand Strategy - 2005

Split with Ruina and Tundra *

mielikki 5.07.09 - 04:50am
DEATH AND HONOUR

Europe was burning.
Germany was at the height of it's power.
A raiding force challenge the raging seas,
to execute Operation Jubilee.
Trained to assault in the light of day,
for one chance to face the enemy.
Naval squirmish faded hope for surprise.
On the beaches of Dieppe,
the enemy was waiting

Landing at dawn's first light,
under intense fire.
Battalions stormed the flashing inferno of defence,
to fight the blazing blood battle of Dieppe

Send in the first wave of Canadians!

You're all going to die.
Death and honour,
strength and pride.
They sacrificed their lives.
We salute you

For all the Canadians, that fought at Dieppe, LEST WE FORGET!

When shall their glory fade?
When face down floating in the waves?
The channel and the sands of Dieppe,
have been honoured by the blood of Canadians

For all the men that hit the beach,
on that fateful day,
died in a blaze of glory,
or surrendered with honour,

LEST WE FORGET

Truimph was not to be,
and would wait for us another day.
Some escaped the beach,
many would never leave,
as a testimony to ferocity,
the sacrifice before glory,
and gallantry of Canadians *

borae 5.07.09 - 12:41pm
I read that as more of a narrative than lyrics. *

mielikki 5.07.09 - 12:46pm
It is sort of a narrative. The music is needed for that to really get across though. It's a very militant, marching pace style that really works well *

borae 5.07.09 - 12:52pm
Kinda imagined between forefather' out of darkness and Together They Stood *

mielikki 5.07.09 - 12:53pm
Yes, but a lot rawer. Glad to see you are learning from my group though proud.GIF

andy_666 5.07.09 - 01:00pm
good lyrics! Respect to all the people who died and survived them wars *

mielikki 5.07.09 - 01:01pm
salute.GIF *

borae 5.07.09 - 01:13pm
Pleased you mention those that survive, theyre often over looked.even forgotten, their names arent on memorials *

mielikki 5.07.09 - 01:14pm
Very true *

mielikki 8.07.09 - 06:01am
August 14, 2005
Interview conducted by Veliccia

Please give the readers a brief history of the band

PANZER - Operation Winter Mist was formed in 1998. Our frontline soldiers consist of Nebelwerfer, Dreadnaught, Private S Tanner and myself, Panzer, on vocals. We have two releases. They are Winter Warfare II and Imperial Grand Strategy

Your lyrics are pretty much exclusively about war. You also display a great sense of nationalism to your native Canada. So would you lump yourselves in the NSBM category or does your music not include the racial part of NSBM?

PANZER - We label oursleves as a metal band. In reality, it is you, the media that categorizes us into a subgenre. The lyrics are based on historical fact, not political ideology. We are not an NS band

The way you obviously take great pride in your country leads one to make the assumption that it goes far beyond just the music. Am I right in this assumption? What is it that people should know about Canada that most would not that leads you to take this stance?

PANZER - We take great pride in our northern homeland, it is the foundation which the band was founded. Each member is fanatically Canadian. There are many things people should know about Canada such as the beauty of our lands and our proud military history. Some of the main events in this nation's history is the victory by the Canadian Army at Vimy Ridge that brought Germany to capitulate, ending World War I. On D-day, Canada's armed forced were the only army to achieve all of their objectives and pushed farther into Normandy than Britain or the US. This led to the defeat of Germany's massive counterattack by the 21st SS panzer division launched against the Canadians who were pushing inland instead of the Americans who were still trapped on the beaches. Our country's role in the great wars has been overshadowed. We refer to this as our Forgotten Army. Most people don't even know that Canada had been involved, especially in the younger generations

A lot of the bands out there singing about war. If Canada went to war tomorrow, would you join the ranks?

PANZER - That would depend on the cir tance of this said war. If I was to defend our mother dominion against an aggressor nation than I would follow the footsteps of my grandfather and his elders and ancestors before him to fight and give my life, if necessary. I was born into a family of warriors who were always first to fight. If we are talking about the war on terrorism, I would not parti te in this Crusade as I believe Christian and Islamic followers should destroy each other for the benefit of the whole. I would not cut my hair to invade some foreign place to fight a Holy War or a war of conquest

What is up with the picture of Luger in the booklet for Imperial Grand Strategy? The tombstone over his picture...

PANZER - Luger left the band almost two years ago just after the recording of Imperial Grand Strategy. He did so at his own accord and we wish him well. It is customary for an ex-member to be 'Killed In Action'

What is the black metal scene like in Canada right now? Are there bands around that you have or would be glad to share the stage with?

PANZER - The Canadian scene is small but fiercely dedicated. There are numerous great bands and musicians within these borders, many yet to be discovered. When we play live, the fans go crazy pounding their fists in the air, shouting out the lyrics, and headbang the entire show. We are very proud to be a part of it all

What is your opinion on the new black metal that's been coming out? Do you think we have lost our way from the original intentions or do you welcome the new blood and, sometimes, changes?

PANZER - I am an old schooler and have been involved in the metal scene for a very long time. I love old Venom, Bathory, and Celtic Frost, etc. I like the second wave such as Darkthrone, Burzum and Mayhem just as much. All genres of music must go through the inevutable stages of evolution. Newer and younger musicians bring fresh ideas to stop it being a stale form of music. Change is necessary to the survivability of black metal. I enjoy many of the new bands out there today... *

ruoska 18.07.09 - 11:44am
I prefer my songs about war in the style of Sabaton *

mielikki 18.07.09 - 05:20pm
I prefer Operation Winter Mist over Sabaton chin.GIF *

mielikki 1.08.09 - 04:27pm
rocker.GIF My favourite Canadian band *

ruoska 1.08.09 - 04:52pm
My favourite canadian band is Annihilator *

borae 1.08.09 - 04:59pm
i wrote this group down today just in case. *

mielikki 5.08.09 - 04:30am
FRONTAL ASSAULT

Concealed in the forest,
in the year 1944,
Panzer divisions are deployed,
ready to attack.
Mechanized formations,
committed to a great offensive,
answer the fatherland's call.
Engage in a frontal assault

In a shroud of December's fury,
under cover of the Winter's mist,
forging men and machine,
to strike with an iron fist.
Infantry and war machines,
smash through the enemy lines,
into a steel storm of total war.
Engage in a frontal assault

Surround them,
destroy them,
drive them back,
across the sea

Tigers spearhead a blitzkrieg,
infantry follow in their tracks.
Levelled cities and atrocities,
will bring the invaders to their knees.
Sound now,
a truimphant trumpet blast.
Choke on the bitter,
taste of defeat.
Victory is within our grasp.
Engage in a frontal assault *

borae 9.08.09 - 01:25am
Saw an article on web about this band being racist, writer claimed to know them personally. .saying they were
Pro- wtf.GIFi found the lyrics i read to be balanced. *

mielikki 9.08.09 - 01:35am
Considering they have lyrics about fighting against the s I find that silly *

mielikki 19.03.10 - 10:13am
rocker.GIF listening to them now *

mielikki 18.07.10 - 05:20am
Logo up *

mielikki 18.07.10 - 05:27am
tNaX6mPU8SLTB6VE6n08.jpg *

aenglisc 18.07.10 - 05:30am
Did hear a little when i first saw the topic. .i think at the time, i deemed them a bit on the raw side for me . *

mielikki 18.07.10 - 05:33am
Maybe you should try again?

VKmI426wcN2LPMOMEANP.jpg *

mielikki 18.07.10 - 05:42am
This would be the first you should check out

SYogDw7ePvT8ukXc8Zuh.jpg *

aenglisc 18.07.10 - 05:44am
Whats that read? Its alittle run together on my phone *

mielikki 18.07.10 - 05:50am
Imperial Grand Strategy *

* VisionOrVoid Forum

Search: