Steve - Guitar

Tim - Drums

DISCOGRAPHY

Soldiers Of Evil demo - 2003

Into Harm's Way - 2004 *

emz.x 30.06.09 - 05:41pm
Sounds interesting.....have u any battelion in your downloads *

mielikki 30.06.09 - 10:39pm
No. Battalion is rare and the cds are sold out. I'm lucky to have Into Harm's Way. If I could find someone with a site who'd upload mp3s so I could use that link to add them here my whole collection would be available *

emz.x 30.06.09 - 11:38pm
Hmmz have u tried fank.mobi they've loads to go thru ! Il look around n cme bak n let u know if i can find any *

mielikki 1.07.09 - 12:00am
That's where I get most of mine. Do you know how to upload to there? I know you can't, but if we knew how it'd be easy to find someone to do it *

borae 1.07.09 - 06:52am
Curious *

mielikki 21.07.09 - 05:15am
INTO HARM'S WAY
written by Controlled_Bleeding

This 9 Track ballistic assault will have you donning your helmet and out on the battle field in no time! The four piece ensemble from Wollongong, Australia, have produced what I consider to be a great CD

Into Harms Way on Asphyxiate Recordings slowly introduces you to the battle with a subtle, soothing WWI soundscape. A minute later the war begins with the title track, Into Harms Way. Sounding a lot more full and complete than it did on the Pestalentia Australis compilation. Resurfacing from the demo is the track Devastated By Artillery re-recorded and sounding as brutal as ever

The remaining tracks on the CD are just as enthralling, if not better. Stalemate In The Trenches is a personal favourite. It has been composed very well with some brilliant guitar sections. Amidst The Allied Advance, the albums shortest track has a more thrashy feel to it. The track becomes interesting with the bass guitar's sound regularly being brought in front of the guitars. Dead Man's Ridge has a great acoustic section in the middle of the song, an eye of the storm so to speak, and just a great piece of metal. The CD rounds itself off nicely with the final two epic tracks, The Last Dawn and Rememberance Of A Great War

The production of the CD is very good. It has quite a raw feel to it, and Battalion have come along way since their initial demo. While this release is not strictly black metal by any means, it definitely has a blackened feel. You'll find excellent harmonies constructed by the two riflemen. Adam Jordan who mixed and engineered the CD in Main Street Studios Wollongong did a great job, everything stands out. The bass lines are full and prominent, you don't even need to listen for them. The drumming is dominant. Into Harms Way features excellent use of crash and ride cymbals as well as pummeling double bass

Something worth mentioning is that Battalion worked hard to make sure all the lyrics were historically accurate. So if anything this CD reinforces the struggles that our grand fathers and great grand fathers went through for our freedoms. Freedoms to make great heavy metal like this. So get out there and listen for yourself and don't forget to go and see Battalion when they're in your town or city

9.5 out of 10

TRACKLIST

Intro

2. Into Harms Way

3. The Battle At Helles

4. Dead Man's Ridge

5. Stalemate In The Trenches

6. Devastated By Artillery

7. Amidst The Allied Advance

8. The Last Dawn

9. Remembrance Of A Great War

10. Dead Man's Ridge - Acoustic Reprise *

mielikki 1.08.09 - 04:18pm
Listening to the alb*m now music.GIF *

mielikki 28.06.10 - 04:19pm
Another band that are still hiding and won't seem to give new information angry.GIF *

aenglisc 28.06.10 - 06:10pm
Have you tried looking for main or the founding band members instead. .maybe nothing new means theyve abandoned the project f a while *

aenglisc 28.06.10 - 06:16pm
True use of first names only or creative names may scupper that method. .but coupled with formally of _ _ _ _ _, may work *

mielikki 18.07.10 - 04:59am
UxJWaWq8qXO6KNMsG2ks.jpg *

mielikki 18.07.10 - 05:00am
DJ has been enlisted into the ranks of Battalion as they prepare for a second studio recording *

aenglisc 18.07.10 - 05:09am
Theres a result! Id been looking for them but only found other groups or tracks with 'battalion' in their title *

ruoska 18.07.10 - 01:23pm
I like the logo, brilliant idea to put those rifles in it but still looking like a proper black metal band logo *

aenglisc 18.07.10 - 01:28pm
Aye. Individual and very effective, could say deceptivly simple. .OE font 2 rifles 2 swords and a crosshair *

* VisionOrVoid Forum

Search:
topics replies

* VisionOrVoid

Create Your Own App Store

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Create Your Own App Store