Pete Hammoura - Drums, vocals
Derek Roddy - Drums
Tony Laureano - Drums
Chief Spires - Bass, vocals
Jon Vesano - Bass, vocals
Joe Payne - Bass, vocals
John Ehlers - Guitar

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Karl Sanders was in a band before Nile called Morriah,who played with a young Morbid Angel,as well as many others

DISCOGRAPHY

Nile demo - 1994

Festivals Of Atonement EP - 1995

Ramses,Bringer Of War demo - 1996

Ramses,Bringer Of War EP - 1997

Amongst The Catacombs Of Nephren-Ka - 1998

In The Beginning compilation - 1999

Black Seeds Of Vengeance - 2000

In Their Darkened Shrines - 2002

Annihilation Of The Wicked - 2005

Papyrus Containing The Spell To Preserve It's Posessor Against Attacks From He Who Is In The Water single - 2007

Legacy Of The Catacombs best of - 2007

Ithyphallic - 2007 *

puciato 11.02.09 - 10:09pm
Nile!I love em.Was going to watch them but the show was cancelled :/ *

ruoska 11.02.09 - 11:18pm
And I couldn't see them because of exams a few years back *

puciato 17.02.09 - 05:57am
Now that s*ckS!At least i know no one else got to see them and have a good time lol selfish?Yup :) apparently there was a lack of interest in the show...lies *

lucretia 21.06.09 - 02:05am
i love them too! haha i remember how happy i was when they cancelled 'cos i wouldn't have been able to go then.. lol! *

lucretia 28.07.09 - 07:56pm
ALL HAIL -nile- !!! beg.GIF haha X) just had to show more appreciation, they kick ass!!! *

mielikki 19.09.09 - 08:29am
SACRIFICE UNTO SEBEK

Sebek, Sochet, Suchos.
Dread Lord of the Marsh.
He Who Crawleth,
Amongst the Sacred Waters,
And Devoureth the Flesh,
of That Which is Sacrificed unto Him

Tua Ashemu.
Tua Ashemu.
Rekhes Au Sebek.
Rekhes Au Sebek.
Tua Ashemu.
Tua Ashemu

Sebek, Neter, Ashemu.
Whose Teeth Rendeth and Teareth With Terrible Violence.
Restore the Eyes of the Dead.
Collect Their Skulls.
Join Their Bones Together Again.

Lord of the Temple of the Mount of Sunrise.
Open the Way unto the Underworld.
Cause the Dead to Rise to New Life.
Bring the Child Horus upon the Throne of Osiris

Sebek was the prin l crocodile God in Ancient Egypt. In primitive, pre-dynastic times, during seasons when the canals dried up, the crocodile wandered the fields at will, killing and eating whatever or whoever crossed it's path *

mielikki 10.06.10 - 05:09am
ANNIHILATION OF THE WICKED
Written by MDHGuitars3

If you haven't heard any Nile, stop reading this review and do so now. Few bands have made me remember my mummified interest in death metal so poignantly as these South Carolina headbangers

Annihilation Of The Wicked is every bit as an awesome alb*m as say In Their Darkened Shrines as it has all the grand hallmarks of a Nile landmark. Take unnerving Egyptian themed samples, manic drum pieces and some of the best riffs in American death metal today, and lambast it with a slew of growls so deep you'll swear you are hearing the voices of the embalmed calling from beneath depths of fathomless, windblown sand. The egyptian history and mythology lyrics are as interesting, unique, and oddly fitting as before, and none of this takes away from the music

The title track Annihilation Of The Wicked spews forth some softer guitar messings before a full blown set of face tearing riffs spew forth with frantic double bass and a wailing guitar lick that sounds like a lonely jackal howling mournfully beneath the desert stars. If a nine minute epic like this hasn't got you, nothing will. The Burning Pits Of The Duat is hellish in it's manic intensity, and the guitar harmonies a little into Sacrifice Unto Sebek had a friend and I laughing with unbridled joy at the swalkness of it all. Cast Down The Heretic has a solo so long and utterly breath taking it could be a mini song of it's own, and the simply grandoise, slower paced riff*ge on User Maat Re sounds a little like a Mastodon song lost on a desert crossing past the oasis.

All in all, Nile simply are one of the most entertaining bands to have a release this year so far. It might be I enjoy their death metal so much, or it might be they have built the death metal equivlent of the pyramids at Giza, trasncendental monuments of man, only able to by timeworn yet never destroyed. The obelisk of death metal called Nile, should they keep pumping out simply neuron melting metal such as this, will cast a shadow over all acts for eternity, just as the pyramids do on the architects of today

10 out of 10 *

* VisionOrVoid Forum

Search:
topics replies

* VisionOrVoid

Create Your Own App Store

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Create Your Own App Store