still. you cant rush quality.nono.GIF *

bby_g 16.03.10 - 11:43pm
clap.GIF yay thanks for the good feed back on our review. *

aenglisc 20.03.10 - 11:01am
Dont_mention.GIFno bother. whats the next one *

mielikki 20.03.10 - 11:05am
Not Forefather I don't think. Maybe Nomans Land *

aenglisc 20.03.10 - 11:45am
should be interesting. dont have any of theirs, but heard a couple, cant recall them but remember they were not disliked *

mielikki 23.03.10 - 02:32am
Listening to Engla Tocyme right now. What a find yes.GIF *

mielikki 23.03.10 - 02:47am
THE GOLDEN DRAGON

Papal banner,
cross bears the red of the blood we shed,
gave his blessing,
leaving the heart of the nation dead.
Ancient sunwheel,
stolen and warped for a demigod.
Raised in our name,
you will worship what you hate and fought

Sign of conquest,
buries the past in the centuries.
Beast in slumber,
lurks in their deepest and darkest fears.
Restless dragon,
guarding the horde of our destiny.
F*ck your standard,
watch in despair as we're breaking free

Show them our sign,
raise it up high.
Banish their symbol of conquest.
Tear it to shreds,
burn it to ash.
Throw off the weight of enslavement.
Open your souls,
to our mark of old.
Don't let the false one deceive you.
Now is the time,
we shall rule again.
Bring down the cross that subdued you

The Golden Dragon,
flying high again.
The Golden Dragon,
flying high again.
The Golden Dragon,
flying high again.

Dragon slayer,
so goes the myth and the history.
With sword he severed,
cut us adrift from our unity.
Drifting,
wondering what is amiss,
what it means to be.
Raise the dragon,
find the answer to the mystery

Show them our sign,
raise it up high.
Banish their symbol of conquest.
Tear it to shreds,
burn it to ash.
Throw off the weight of enslavement.
Open your souls,
to our mark of old.
Don't let the false one deceive you.
Now is the time,
we shall rule again.
Bring down the cross that subdued you

The Golden Dragon,
flying high again.
The Golden Dragon,
flying high again.
The Golden Dragon,
flying high again

aenglisc 23.03.10 - 05:54pm
Those words tear me in two. i understand them more than i care to, and id like to agree, but although im not fond of the cross in some ways, in others . . well, i wouldnt allow it to be burned *

ruoska 24.03.10 - 07:07am
I added Forefather to my music library yesterday and listened to a song from the Engla Tocyme album, don't remember the name of the song or how it sounded anymore *

aenglisc 24.03.10 - 07:17am
shame on youDont.GIFthink maybe Fifeldor is my favourit from it *

aenglisc 24.03.10 - 10:45am
least right now, forever in chains alot of the time, but its crammed with tracks i like alot, it vairies *

ruoska 24.03.10 - 03:35pm
Fifeldor was the song I listened to idea.GIF *

mielikki 25.03.10 - 01:43am
Engla Tocyme is the most one dimensional alb*m of theirs, but I love it *

aenglisc 25.03.10 - 06:25pm
one dimentional? i know it not to be but: ooh! no -, that dont half sound like a cold putdown. maybe youll have a better taking to the STEADFAST alb*m Rusoka, whatd you reckon Mielikki? *

mielikki 25.03.10 - 07:56pm
The most I said lol.GIF for Forefather yes. The others are all more varied, but Engla Tocyme to me has it's own unique charm. It doesn't sound like anyone else, and although very different to their other output, still sounds like Forefather *

aenglisc 26.03.10 - 10:59pm
lol.GIFagreed *

mielikki 14.04.10 - 03:44am
On their last album, 2008s Steadfast, Forefather recorded a song using a medieval poem as the basis for the lyrics. The song was called Miri It Is and the original poem is about lamenting the death of summer to cold, harsh winter. With this latest release Forefather take us back full circle and give us a song based on all that is good about summer. Gone is the talk of winds blowing and strong weather, famine and sorrow and in its place are lyrics about birdsong, long days and sunshine, bountiful harvests and joy.The overall feel of this song is very similar to Steadfast. The strong anti Christian themes, particularly prevalent on 2004s Ours Is The Kingdom have all but disappeared from recent Forefather tracks. To be honest this isn't a bad thing as the subject has been well covered by Forefather and countless other bands and it's nice to hear such an upbeat and pleasing song from a band in this particular genre.Helped by the markedly better production both Steadfast and Summer's Flame are far more accessible than their predecessors. Summer's Flame in particular could be regarded almost as an easy listening song. Wulfstan only utilizes clean singing in this song and his rich, full bodied voice adds to the overall chilled out aura of the song. I seem to say this a lot but this is truly one of those songs that should be played outside on a hot summer's day whilst drinking a nice beer, perhaps even after just completing the harvest! A nice listen from the start and a song that will only grow on you over time, Summer's Flame is certainly a good indication of what Forefather are capable of when they want to be mellow. I can't stop listening to it and I anxiously await a hot summer's day so that I can appreciate it properly, beer in hand and smile on face! *

mielikki 28.05.10 - 02:39am
Hoping to hear news soon about the new alb*m so stay tuned *

aenglisc 28.05.10 - 10:58pm
Oh i will. thanks...have you been in contact with them? *

mielikki 29.05.10 - 12:07am
Just a few emails *

mancmike 3.06.10 - 11:03pm
steadfast is amazing love listening to it when im riding my bike brilliant and so different to others *

aenglisc 24.06.10 - 07:51pm
This band its safe to say didnt take to me straight away..but somehow got into me so much that, im strongly considering teaching myself Anglo-Saxon.. although learning what must be said to be to be a dead language is quite useles..i like the way it sounds..and maybe itll come in handy. .ah CHIN.GIF i have a cunning idea *

mielikki 28.06.10 - 03:50pm
What cunning idea? And you should learn it yes.GIF *

aenglisc 3.07.10 - 09:08pm
what chances are of it working i dont know. .but
an experiment, to write a poem, but i s*ck, reads like a childs, so i figure on writting in modern English than convert it to Anglo-Saxon, see what happens to the rythm

. . .sometimes when things are directly translated they get cryptic poetic type thing happening. .keep it themed on 1066. .

if it worked id do a 2nd and 3rd part. .done first part, and if that worked id research events and do it again. .rather than just going off of my basic knowledge

just have to get the language down.

lol.GIFif can be botherd, itll be a distraction nothing else, i wouldnt take myself to seriously with it *

aenglisc 3.07.10 - 09:18pm
lol.GIFyou did ask *

aenglisc 17.07.10 - 06:36pm
I now own a:New English / Old English dictionaryproud.GIF *

borae 19.07.10 - 07:46pm
Wow. Never knew the story behind Forever in chains..or that the last part was an epitaph *

aenglisc 24.07.10 - 10:31pm
Someone set himself a far away near impossible goal in this topic *

mielikki 29.07.10 - 12:00am
Earl Godwinson? *

aenglisc 29.07.10 - 12:14am
Yeah, one of them, held captive to encourage his brother to keep his 'word' to William. .interesting tale *

mielikki 29.07.10 - 12:22am
Share it? *

aenglisc 30.07.10 - 11:25pm
Could try, im not over clear on specifics, but it seems:
that King Edward and earl Godwine add a bit of a barney, so Edward was 'given' as a captive, his son, Wulfnorf, to ensure Godwine stayed in his place, and exiled (given by whom i dont know). Later as Godwine threatened to rebel, Wulfnorf was spirited away into the care of the Duke of Normady. .later stil, when another of Godwines sons, Harrold Godwinson, was shipwreked off the Norman coast, he was captured and made to swear an holy oaf to support the Dukes claim to the English throne on the death of Edward. .he was then returned to England, Where he was Eventually named by Edward as his Successor. .now at this point i reckon the Duke paid to have Vikings invaid northern England so he could slither across the channel and invaid the South, placing himself on the throne. .before bringing Wulfnorf over and again imprissioned *

aenglisc 30.07.10 - 11:29pm
Ill research it and edit errors another time , im not up to it at minute *

mielikki 21.08.10 - 04:29am
No news on the new alb*m poor.GIF *

aenglisc 21.08.10 - 11:57am
I know, i keep checking too *

race1980 11.12.11 - 07:05pm
new alb*m is imminent - 19th Dec, Entitled: LAST OF THE LINE *

6-<< 2-<

* VisionOrVoid Forum

Search:
topics replies