waiting at the end?

It was an omen,
a message of fire from the sky,
a candle of doom in the night.
It was decided,
if we were to conquer or die

Hear the witches,
chant their spells.
What do their strange melodies foretell?
Whichever way,
it's destined to go,
they can be sure,
that we'll fight them well

It was an omen,
a message of fire from the sky,
a candle of doom in the night.
It was decided,
if we were to conquer or die.
At dawn we faced them.
We gathered beneath a red sky.
The hills hearkened our battle cry.
It was decided,
if we were to conquer or die *

borae 17.10.09 - 09:53pm
i like the tracks Hallowed Halls and Theodish Beliefs,but they were the last two i heard, like the whole alb*m and playing it now *

mielikki 17.10.09 - 10:21pm
Great alb*m yes.GIF *

mielikki 24.10.09 - 10:55pm
music.GIF Listening to the Deep Into Time album *

borae 24.10.09 - 11:18pm
got Fighting man mp3 alb*m early today. ill be playin that later. that takes my forefather collection to 3. *

darkxn 25.10.09 - 07:09pm
I totally agree wit gabriel9..! Lookin fnrward to pay day so I cn dwnload n hear for myself!! *

mielikki 28.10.09 - 12:45am
Only managed to find links to The Fighting Man *

borae 29.10.09 - 05:25am
really? ill have a look tonight. has to be others nocking about. *

mielikki 31.10.09 - 12:08am
Hope so. Thanks for the help grin.GIF *

borae 1.11.09 - 05:52pm
im trying believe me. series of endless dead ends. but theyll be out there somewhere *

mielikki 11.02.10 - 04:06am
Hi Kara,

We're currently working on new songs, doing some demos etc As always these things have a habit of being delayed for many reasons, but as always I'm fighting against this so we can get an alb*m out this year. What would be great is to have it finished and released by the summer, but I can give no guarantees. About 60 percent of the songs are already written and arranged. I think the alb*m will be less dark than Steadfast, maybe more in the spirit of The Fighting Man

Thanks for the email!

Athelstan

aenglisc 12.02.10 - 02:48pm
oh yeah. can i pre book. i wanna get there early on this one. lol.GIF. . steadfast and fightingman are in the links i notice, well worth a listen if you havnt already *

kaija16 12.02.10 - 08:24pm
When I first join, this was the first band I read that I did not know. I read Proud To Be Proud lyric, then got every alb*m with my Paypal :) They my favourite now! *

aenglisc 16.02.10 - 01:51pm
Any sugestions what a title may be? *

mielikki 16.02.10 - 02:02pm
Not yet *

darkxn 16.02.10 - 11:51pm
Ah, man -northern hemisphere summer? maybe?!? Oh, well.. will hav to gt back catalogue in d mean time...!! *

mielikki 17.02.10 - 12:05am
Yes definately yes.GIF *

mielikki 20.02.10 - 11:16pm
music.GIF *

mielikki 21.02.10 - 12:38am
LOYALTY BOUND

Steadfast and bold,
toiling through centuries,
nameless they are,
but through us prevail.
Faithful and true,
our lives are their gift to us.
Through fire and ice,
our ancestors strove

Our seed spread deep in the soil,
sown with our own stubborn hands.
To this is our loyalty bound,
far from wavering lands

Steadfast and bold,
toiling through centuries,
nameless they are,
but through us prevail.
Faithful and true,
our lives are their gift to us.
Through fire and ice,
our ancestors strove

Our seed spread deep in the soil,
sown with our own stubborn hands.
To this is our loyalty bound,
far from wavering lands *

mielikki 21.02.10 - 12:48am
1aL2Ny4hS5BKE7FbC58v.jpg *

aenglisc 22.02.10 - 03:43pm
ok. whered you get every album? ive only been able to get steadfast, and that was at seven kingdoms *

mielikki 22.02.10 - 04:09pm
Karmageddon rereleased a few. I don't think they are allowed to now but you may get your hands on them that way *

aenglisc 22.02.10 - 06:33pm
Probably not. just looked, had some listed but no 'buy' option. saw them on metalhit too, but oddly not availible from there in my country. ill keep at it when im back on a p.c . .thanks anyway. .i may just pester them on myspace and demand to buy lol.GIF *

mielikki 22.02.10 - 10:26pm
Send them an email. I got a reply within 2 days *

mielikki 28.02.10 - 09:53pm
I'll send them an email today and see if they have any news for us? *

aenglisc 28.02.10 - 11:30pm
let em know were all impressed and eagerly awaiting the next instalmentlol.GIF *

mielikki 4.03.10 - 05:13am
yes.GIF I definately will when I get time *

aenglisc 4.03.10 - 10:47am
Did imention i got a nice embroided patch with steadfast, freeGrin.GIF.too big f me though *

mielikki 9.03.10 - 12:19pm
Did you frame the patch? *

aenglisc 10.03.10 - 05:34pm
umm. never thought of that. its only around 4x4 inch but if i collected a few assorted others, or got some prints of their alb*m art, thatd work. *

mielikki 10.03.10 - 05:36pm
Yeah that'd be great! *

aenglisc 10.03.10 - 05:43pm
if i ever do it. im full of grand ideas, but have trouble actually doing it. .or leave things half compleat f yonks. its a shame cause its a nice looking patch *

mielikki 10.03.10 - 05:45pm
You should do it yes.GIF *

aenglisc 10.03.10 - 05:48pm
maybe ill frame my steadfast t-shirt too now the black isnt as blacklol.GIF *

mielikki 10.03.10 - 05:51pm
Like my Iron Maiden shirt. It's almost grey lol.GIF *

aenglisc 10.03.10 - 06:00pm
just that,they fade to grey after a whilelol.GIFtheres a pop song title there somewhere *

mielikki 16.03.10 - 03:43am
music.GIF Miri It Is *

mielikki 16.03.10 - 05:37am
hnN9IUyR6OZ1LqJfHiV5.jpg *

mielikki 16.03.10 - 11:15am
OURS IS THE KINGDOM
By Kara and Bronwyn

Ours Is The Kingdom is the fourth alb*m by Forefather, two proud English brothers dedicated to metal and the history of their homeland. This alb*m is dedicated to Hereward The Wake and is a great alb*m full of triumphant vocals, a variety of tempos and strong melodies

Containing 12 brilliant songs, all with their own unique feel and sound, it's hard to define favourites among them that's for sure. It's superb to like every single song on one particular album, as it's not always the case. Fortunatly with this though it is. The only flaw in the alb*m are the drums to some degree, which sound too fake when the pace picks up, as a drum machine is used. Other then that everything is top quality

The whole alb*m is great, but we chose to talk about 3 tracks.
The Folk That Time Forgot is based on a slow melancholic riff and with the clean vocals, sets an atmosphere of longing for days of old. Just after the 2 minute mark it becomes uplifting, the pace picks up for a while, then slowing down again to end the track. The atmosphere created compliments the lyrics well
Ours Is The Kingdom blasts out of the speakers with an insanely melodic black metal riff and blastbeats. Vocals on this track range from a blackened rasp to spoken and epic clean vocals. The tempo changes many times in this song, which has a very triumphant sound. Variety and atmosphere is what makes Forefather so great and original

Threads Of Time is the most upbeat song on here, in terms of the mood. It starts off with a melody quite like the intro to ACDC's Thunderstruck. This song talks about the Pagan concept Wyrd, meaning the Web Of Fate to those of you who don't know. The melodies flow very well in this song

In conclusion to the review, it's definately a worthwhile alb*m to get your hands on. You'll be in for some great listening. It meets all expectations, apart from the drums as was mentioned earlier, which may be a concern to some, but putting that aside and looking on the positive aspects, it's yet another excellent alb*m by Forefather!

9 out of 10 *

ruoska 16.03.10 - 01:06pm
A really good review and good that you've put this much effort in it, I did just small reviews on the albums I bought last year. Had something sketched for Stam1na's Viimeinen Atlantis but ditched the idea of a bigger review. Might just get myself from Forefather now *

iilmadme 16.03.10 - 01:26pm
Great review,it sounds worth a listen :) *

aenglisc 16.03.10 - 04:35pm
excelent work girls. a very good read. gives me a clear expectation of the albums content, one which ive yet to hear. and now look ever more forward t doing so *

aenglisc 16.03.10 - 04:43pm
im not sure that the drum flaws wouldve been overly obvious to me if they werent mentioned beforehand, maybe now i know theyd be more apparent. .ive always been aware of their use of a drum machine, and thought they sounded good none the less *

mielikki 16.03.10 - 04:49pm
It's only a slight annoyance, and only when there are blastbeats. They fixed this a lot for Steadfast *

mielikki 16.03.10 - 04:50pm
I wouldn't say it's too much of a problem though *

aenglisc 16.03.10 - 05:01pm
Yeah. i find Steadfast flawless, ive not noticed anything much of an annoyance in Engla Tocyme and the Fightingman albums either. .maybe i need new satalites. *

mielikki 16.03.10 - 05:09pm
Forefather are a great band yes.GIF *

aenglisc 16.03.10 - 05:22pm
i know shame theyre not really ones f tours. *

mielikki 16.03.10 - 05:25pm
If they played a show in England, I'd go there just to watch them yes.GIF *

aenglisc 16.03.10 - 05:28pm
id meet you by the stage front and centrelol.GIF *

6-<< 2-< 1-> 7->>

* VisionOrVoid Forum

Search:
topics replies