ORIGIN - Avignon, France

FORMED - 2002

LAST KNOWN LINEUP

Neige - Vocals, guitar, bass, drums, synths

Fursy Teyssier - Guitar, bas*

Audrey Sylvain - Vocals, Bass, Piano

Winterhalter - Drums

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

The band split up after releasing their first album, due to an inability to agree upon the future of the band. They performed one live show back in 2005

DISCOGRAPHY

Ruines Humaines EP - 2006

Split with Valfunde - 2007

Amesoeurs - 2009 *

bby_g 24.02.10 - 08:34am
Under the sound description it says shoe gaze? what is meant by that i havent heard it used before. *

mielikki 24.02.10 - 08:50am
It's a style mainly of a British style of indie rock I guess. It's kind of hard to explain *

bby_g 24.02.10 - 09:24am
Thanks thats ok that was a good descption you just gave now i have a bit of an idea. *

aenglisc 24.02.10 - 05:34pm
is it? sweet. i mean, i knew that. only now im imagining a French version of Feeder(polytheane era)or my vitriolthinking.GIF. .not something i expect here *

aenglisc 24.02.10 - 11:12pm
Ah. interesting. i liked myVitriol. i will look into these and Alcest. *

mielikki 24.02.10 - 11:28pm
I think you'd love it *

aenglisc 25.02.10 - 12:31pm
oddly youre not often wrong. *

bby_g 1.06.10 - 11:47am
Think i just fell in love great band love the song faux semblants along with others too. Definatly my kind of music. *

mielikki 1.06.10 - 11:50am
Yes, I thought you would like them yes.GIF *

bby_g 1.06.10 - 11:52am
What are you favourite song? Amesoeurs and alcest are just wow! To me. Loved both from day 1 *

mielikki 1.06.10 - 11:58am
Heurt? I'm in bed so can't see the track names *

mancmike 3.06.10 - 10:42pm
these seem fun gonna have a look and see if i can download them *

mielikki 10.06.10 - 05:28am
AMESOEURS
Written by CyclicChaos8

A kaleidoscopic soundtrack for the modern era, these are the words in the liner notes on the page opposite the band lineup which, since the flawless Ruines Humaines EP, has expanded to contain secondary guitarist Fursy and drummer Winterhalter. A more apt description of the alb*m as a whole I cannot conjure. Those familiar with Ruines Humaines will be familiar, though will not necessarily know what to expect, with Amesoeurs's first and apparently only full length release

Opener Gas In Veins, easily the best instrumental starter track since Sentenced's Kaamos, begins with a commanding bass line, expands into an epic, melancholic rock tune and eventually explodes into spine tingling post black metal riff*ge. Les Ruches Malade, being the first song proper (and also heretofore only available on a split LP with Valfunde), piques interest and sparks amazement, as female vocalist Audrey's innocent, beautiful singing takes the foreground. Her rich, textured melodies are incredibly striking, the fact that all vocals are in French really add an exotic, comfortable vibe. As opposed to only a third of the Ruines Humaines material being fronted by Audrey (the mindblowing Fiablesse Des Sens), she gets to take the centre stage on Amesoeurs, performing on six tracks, making instant classics not only of Les Ruches Malades, but also of the awesome Faux Semblants Pretences and Amesoeurs. It's only on four songs, Recueillement Trouble - Eveils Infames, and the phenomenal Au Crepuscule de Nos Reves, along with half of La Reine Trayeuse, that Neige, mastermind of Amesoeurs and main songwriter instrumentalist, lends his high pitched scorching screams. This is exactly the path I was hoping Amesoeurs would take, vocally unbalanced as compared to Ruines Humaines, but switching back and forth between calm and calamity

All the instrumentation on Amesoeurs is flawless, Neige's emotive and powerful guitar leads seamlessely meld the blissful black metal creations of Alcest, with elements of pop, post rock, and new wave, most notably The Cure and Depeche Mode. The bass, now handled by Neige also, is wonderfully alive and bubbly, an entity in and of itself, and a fantastic addition to the sound of the guitar melodies. Drumming is incredibly precise, and at the perfect pitch and treble for the material at hand, lending to both the sweeping black metal pieces and the pop sensibilities of the others. Niege and crew also experiment a little, clearly not satisfied with one layer of influence, interrupting Amesoeurs's middle with I XIII V XIX XV V XXI XVII XIX IX XIX IV V I IV, a haunting track of lamenting piano within a deep cavernous echo, and ending the alb*m with several minutes of a techno industrial beat that could've come from Nine Inch Nails

Anyone who misses this record will be missing out on one of the best musical creations of this decade. It is truly a crushing shame that this appears to be the last creation by Amesoeurs, though I for one will eternally hope that Neige's Alcest begins leaning once again towards their black metal roots, and that Audrey is invited to do some guest vocals. Until then, Amesoeurs will be one of my desert island CDs and will undoubtedly remain so for a very long time

9.5 out of 10 *

ed1983 15.08.10 - 08:38pm
I just put on this album, and also this one is great!! I didnt expect less from it haha... I also love the beautiful female voice in French, a shame that this band doesnt exist no more. Are there more bands where this girl is playing in?? *

mielikki 15.08.10 - 11:06pm
Valfunde and Peste Noir she is in. I'm not familiar with either *

aenglisc 15.08.10 - 11:11pm
havent heard these yet. Reads like im missing out *

harmony8 16.08.10 - 01:15pm
Would like to check out the other two bands that girl is in *

mielikki 16.08.10 - 01:32pm
Valfunde also has Niege *

ed1983 16.08.10 - 08:07pm
All I have found is a splitcd from Valfunde with Amesoeurs, a 3 track splitcd. But better something than nothing haha and unfortunately i couldnt find any Peste Noir *

harmony8 17.08.10 - 08:20am
music.GIF listening to faux semblants at the moment *

aenglisc 23.08.10 - 08:16pm
payday in two daysbounce.GIF. First purchase *

aenglisc 25.08.10 - 11:45pm
not being easily found. *

aenglisc 28.08.10 - 11:21am
meaning that i couldnt find any when i went looking to buy. Just as well since ive had less wanted but required things to buy. .making coinage tighter than ever *

aenglisc 7.10.10 - 03:33pm
music.GIF *

* VisionOrVoid Forum

Search:
topics replies

* VisionOrVoid

Create Your Own App Store

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Create Your Own App Store